This is it! Our last recipe from Baked Elements! I only joined in on this book about a year ago, but because of the expedited baking schedule of the last five months, have been able to make about half of the recipes. I’ll do a little recap below of my favourite recipes from the book, and things I still want to make, but first, let’s talk about this week’s recipe.
It’s well known around here that I love S’mores, so this was a perfect way to close out the book for me. This is a rich, smooth boozy chocolate pudding, layered up with toasted graham cracker crumbles, and topped with a bourbon marshmallow topping. I had some issues with my marshmallow not thickening, but couldn’t be bothered to re-make it – no matter, it was still delicious. I loved the differences in texture going on here – smooth, crunchy and gooey – with the bourbon shining through the whole thing.
So that’s the end of the Booze section of Baked Elements! Here’s a little recap of the recipes I made and my favourite recipe from this section:
- Recipes made: Bourbon, Vanilla and Chocolate Milk Shakes, Simple Chocolate Bourbon Tart with Bourbon Whipped Cream, S’mores Style Chocolate Bourbon Pudding with Bourbon Marshmallow Topping
- Favourite Recipe: I would say this S’mores Pudding, if I could get the marshmallow to work next time!
- Recipes I didn’t Make: Lacy Panty Cakes with Whiskey Sauce, Triple Rum Black Pepper Cake, Whiskey Peach Upside Down Cake (the group made these before I caught up)
You can find the recipe for the S’mores Pudding here!
Okay! Here are the 10 sections from Baked Elements, and my favourite recipe from each one!
- Peanut Butter: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
- Lemon & Lime: (I actually didn’t make anything from this section…I don’t like citrus desserts!)
- Caramel: Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- Booze: S’mores Style Chocolate Bourbon Pudding with Bourbon Marshmallow Topping
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Malted Milk Powder: Vanilla Bean Malt Cake
- Cinnamon: Classic Carrot Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cheese: Poppy Seed Pound Cake with Brown Butter Glaze
- Chocolate: Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies with Chocolate Chunks
- Banana: Honey Banana Poppy Seed Bread
My favourite recipe of the whole book is *insert drumroll here*: Vanilla Bean Malt Cake! I am obsessed with that thing! It was the fluffiest cake I have ever made, and I love it. But you can’t go wrong with any of the recipes in my Top 10!
There are still a few things I’d like to make that I missed and they are: Oopsy Daisy Cake, Whiskey Peach Upside-Down Cake, Devil Dogs with Malted Buttercream Filling and Brooksters.
And with that, we have a short break, and then we start baking out of Baked Occasions! I can’t wait!