Baked Sunday Mornings: Candy Bar Cookies

by byn on September 14, 2014

in Baked Sunday Mornings, Cookies

Print Friendly

Candy Bar Cookies

We have some experience stuffing delicious things into delicious things over here on Planet Byn. Oreos stuffed into Chocolate Chip Cookies. Cookie dough stuffed into Cupcakes. Bourbon Caramels stuffed into Spiced Cookies. So obviously I was totally in on these Candy Bar Cookies.

For this recipe, the Baked boys have you wrap cookie dough around little chocolate bars, and then double dunk them in white and dark chocolate. They suggest using Mounds (I think known as Bounty in Canada?), which is a coconut chocolate bar that I don’t really care for, so instead I used their other recommendations of mini Reese peanut butter cups and Rolos.

I tried one cookie plain before dunking, and didn’t find the dough all that sweet. You can see this is a strategic move, because with a chocolate bar on the inside, and a double coating of chocolate on the outside, it doesn’t need to be.

The only two recipe notes I have are that I added a tbsp of whipping cream to the dough, because although the boys note the dough would be sandy, mine wasn’t holding together all that well when I pressed a small piece in my hand. Also, I made a half batch, which should be 20 cookies, and only ended up with 10. I used about a tbsp and a half of dough, so I don’t think they were enormous. Curious to see if anyone else in the team had the same result.

You can find the recipe here!

More Baked Sunday Mornings here!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Meg @ Sweet Twist October 8, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I want more of these as well.

Liz September 15, 2014 at 10:52 am

Yours look fantastic!

Chelly September 14, 2014 at 7:03 pm

These look beautiful! Wonderful job!

Dafna | Stellina Sweets September 14, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I love your dipping variations too, especially with the opposite sprinkle color– so pretty! Yes, I ended up with 24 cookies instead of 40, so I would up the dough by 50% next time. I also didn’t have a generous amount of chocolate for the exterior. Moral of the story: more chocolate!! 😀

Sarah September 14, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Very nice! I halved the recipe, too, and my dough was super wet! May be the rainy weather in Texas right now, but I had to add flour to mine, and I think I ended up with eight cookies…? I may have “over-wrapped” my candies, though. 😉

Bourbonnatrix September 14, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Your cookies look so awesome! The recipe sounded to complicated to make, so I skipped it, but you had wonderful results! Great job!

SandraM September 14, 2014 at 2:22 pm

They look so cute! Love the reverse dippings. Looks lovely with the white as the last dip. I was a little concerned when I tasted the dough and it wasn’t sweet. But makes sense not to be with the chocolate…but I wasn’t thinking that at the time! Glad they turned out.