Baked Sunday Mornings: Easy Candy Bar Tart

by byn on July 6, 2014

in Baked Sunday Mornings, Pies, Tarts & Pudding

Print Friendly

Easy Candy Bar Tart

As much as I love baking my way through Baked Elements with the Baked Sunday Morning team, I noticed something strange today. Everything we’ve been making from this book lately has been brown or beige. There’s nothing wrong with that as it usually means chocolate or caramel is involved, but it’s a such a contrast to what else is going on in my kitchen these days. The farmer’s markets near my place are bursting with ruby red strawberries, tomatoes, and cherries, bright yellow and green zucchini, and vibrant blueberries that I can wait to eat and bake with. I wait all year to eat those colours, but on to the task at hand: Easy Candy Bar Tart.

This tart has three components, none of which are that hard to mix up. First a chocolate cookie crust, followed by a quick caramel mixed with deeply toasted walnuts, and finally a buttery (too buttery?) chocolate glaze. This came together in no time, and will be shared with my co-workers (old or new? I can’t decide) tomorrow.

Candy Bar Slice

So that brings us to the end of the Caramel section of Baked Elements! As we wrap up each section, I thought I’d provide a little recap of what I made, and my favourite recipe from each section.

You can find the recipe for the Easy Candy Bar Tart here!

More Baked Sunday Mornings here!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Yael Even July 7, 2014 at 12:55 am

They look so delicious, just sitting there waiting to be eaten! Great idea to do the sum up!

Dafna | Stellina Sweets July 6, 2014 at 8:28 pm

I love your summary as well– great idea! I highly recommend making both the Caramel Coconut Clusters and the Alfajores if you get a chance, as they are both excellent. Anyway, your tart looks great, and I love the walnuts on top! I’m sure your co-workers will be very appreciative. :)

SandraM July 6, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Love your photo!! What a great line. I know what you mean about the yummy produce out there. I too would like recipes to make that include these things.

Littlebakerbunny July 6, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I look forward to summer for fruit tarts and other colorful fruit desserts! But sometimes, you gotta have chocolate! :) The chocolate glaze is a little intense — pretty tart!

Susan July 6, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Neat idea to summarize the chapter! As much as I loved this tart, I think I agree that I liked the Turtle Thumbprints better, too.

Candy July 6, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Beautiful photo! Interesting comment about the lack of color in BSM recipes recently. I love the vibrant colors of summer produce but can’t resist a little brown or beige for dessert!