For our second recipe of Janelle week, we’re having S’mores Rice Krispie Squares. I’m a sucker for anything involving the holy trinity of milk chocolate, graham and toasted marshmallow, and so is Janelle. I made these for two reasons: 1) She was mad at me because I got a new job and will be transferring to another department in June and 2) I could not stop thinking about rice krispie squares since my nephew’s birthday party.
I wasn’t even going to blog about these, but they were so good I just had to record them here. Super quick, super easy, super s’moresey, with an added bonus of getting people un-mad at you! And you just know these are perfect for summer BBQs.
S’mores Rice Krispie Squares
Source: The Baker Chick
10 oz mini marshmallows, and then set 1 cup aside to sprinkle over the top
3 tbsp butter
3 cups rice krispies
8 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Butter a 8×8 pan, or spray with non-stick spray. In a big microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows together, and stir until smooth.
- Pour in the rice krispies, graham cracker pieces and chocolate chips, and stir until everything is coated. The chocolate chips will melt a bit, but that’s okay.
- Add the mixture to the pan and use your fingertips to press in (spray them with non-stick spray if it gets too sticky).
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of mallows overtop (I added more). Preheat your broiler, and stick the pan under. WATCH CLOSELY because the marshmallows will brown very quickly.
- Let cool and slice into squares.