If Slutty Brownies are labelled as such because they’re easy, filthy and a lil’ bit dirty (and made from mixes), what shall we call a homemade version? They require a little more time (hard-to-get?), are made from scratch (wholesome?), and take themselves a little bit more seriously (uptight?).
In the end, Danielle suggested they should be called Chaste Brownies, and I agreed. So here we go with the a recipe for homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, the Oreos of course (still from the box), and a brownie layer on top. This recipe comes from Jessica Simpson’s personal chef, so you know <insert comment about Jessica’s pregnancy weight gain here>.
P.S. If Slutty Brownies & Chaste Brownies are twin sisters, they are so Jessica & Elizabeth Wakefield from Sweet Valley High.
Source: What’s Gaby Cooking
Yield: 1 9×9 pan, I cut mine into 16 brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layer
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp butter (1 1/4 sticks)
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
+ a box of Oreos
- Line a square pan with tin foil, spray the foil with non-stick spray, and preheat the oven to 350.
- For cookie dough layer, cream the butter and sugars together in a medium sized bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine. Mix in the chocolate chips. Press the dough into an even layer in the pan.
- Add a layer of Oreos on top of the chocolate chip cookie dough, and press in slightly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then add the sugar and cocoa powder and whisk everything together to combine. Remove from heat and add salt, vanilla and eggs, and whisk in to combine. Add the flour and mix just until blended. Pour over the top of the Oreos.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (mine took 45 minutes) until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.